Here are some of the latest things that have happened on The Morning Mix:
Joey Spehar spoke with Randall Miller and Jody Savin - Director and Writers - of CBGB about recreating the legendary club for their film. CBGB opened in New York City on December 10, 1973. Listen here!
Acclaimed songwriter and performer JJ Cale sadly passed away this summer. On what would have been his 75th birthday, Joey Spehar and Jesse Novak of The Roots & Rhythm Mix discuss the life and work of the famed Guitar Man. Listen here!
Cindy Howes spoke with Matt Wrbican & Ben Harrison from The Andy Warhol Museum about the reissue of The Velvet Underground's White Light / White Heat. Listen here!
- Every weekday at 6:20am, WYEP tests your musical expertise.
- Cindy & Joey will play a song snippet and you'll have to guess the song.
- For an added visual clue, check WYEP's Facebook & Twitter pages.
- Hear the song in its entirety (and see if you were right) at 6:30am.
Guess Who! - weekday mornings at 6:20am (EST)
- Every weekday at 7:15am, Cindy and Joey reveal the topic of the day on 91.3fm.
- Submit your ideas on songs that relate to the topic for The Daily Feedback.
- Throughout the day, you can submit related songs via email, 412.381.9900, Twitter or Facebook.
- Tune in each weekday afternoon at 4:20pm to hear The Daily Feedback 3 song set with Rosemary Welsch on 91.3fm WYEP.
The Daily Feedback - weekday mornings at 7:15am (EST)
- Every weekday at 8:15am Joey Spehar brings a Kid-Approved song on The Morning Mix.
- Joey will share a story from a fellow parent talking about a song they've shared with their children.
- We'll hear from listeners, musicians, and local celebrities.
- Email Joey if you'd like to contribute to this segment.
Cool Kids - weekday mornings at 8:15am (EST)
Dwelling on the Past
- Tune in every weekday morning at 9:00am for massive amounts of nostalgia on The Morning Mix.
- You’ll hear a set of songs that cross genres and decades. Whether it’s a song from the 1950’s or something from 2002, it’ll surely get your attention!
- Taking you back while taking you by surprise, you’re bound to hear something you love on Dwelling on The Past.
Dwelling on the Past - weekday mornings at 9:00am (EST)
- Cindy Howes and Chef Bill Fuller match music and menus each Friday morning on Pairings. Your favorite music meets your favorite food on Parings!
- See the latest menu and soundtrack here!
Pairings: Friday mornings at 7:30am and 9:15am (EST)
The 9:13 Buzz
- Each Wednesday morning at 9:13am, Cindy Howes is joined by one of Pittsburgh's finest music writers.
- The rotating cast includes Andy Mulkerin of Pittsburgh City Paper, Scott Tady of The Beaver County Times, Scott Mervis of The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, and Justin Jacobs - a contributor to Relix and Billboard.
- See what was played on the latest episode here!
The 9:13 Buzz: Wednesday mornings at 9:13am (EST)