Individual Giving Manager
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Status: Full-time exempt
Reports to: Director of Development
Oversee and coordinate the details of Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting’s individual giving fund development program to ensure continued growth and long-term revenue stability and provide general support for other development functions.
The Individual Giving Manager works closely with the Director of Development to meet the listener-generated fundraising goals of Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting. Listener support accounts for the single largest revenue stream from sister stations 91.3 WYEP and 90.5 WESA, with a goal of approximately $2.5 million and tremendous growth potential. This person will participate in strategic planning and coordinate all individual giving programs for the stations, including on-air fundraising, sustained giving, direct mail, telemarketing, e-solicitations and social media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Membership Solicitation and Retention
- Organize and execute listener-based fundraising efforts, including but not limited to sustained giving, direct mail, telemarketing, online giving, email and social media campaigns.
- Create acquisition, lapsed donor, renewal series and additional gift appeals. Work closely with all vendors to ensure timely execution and delivery of both ongoing and seasonal mailings/ campaigns. This includes a monthly, eight-hit renewal cycle and two-three lapsed and additional gift campaigns for each station.
- Actively participate in on-air membership drive planning and implementation, including goals, messaging, scheduling, strategies and production.
- Working with director of development, create and implement comprehensive tiered donor benefits program.
- Oversee the selection of membership thank you gifts (premiums) for on-air membership drives.
- Serve as primary contact person for vehicle donation program for both stations
- Create and implement marketing and communication strategies to increase awareness and revenue from vehicle donations
- Develop and implement strategies to turn vehicle donors into annual and/or sustaining donors
- Oversee and maintain department budget as it applies to membership functions, tracking expenses and keeping organized records.
- Perform due diligence and negotiations to ensure most beneficial vendor relationships.
- Serve as primary community liaison for external fundraising opportunities such as Day of Giving.
- Develop and oversee strategic matching gifts program, soliciting matching gifts and following up on current members who have indicated their employer has a matching gifts program in place. Work with Director of Development and marketing department to develop on and off-air marketing strategies to grow this revenue stream.
- Work with the Director of Development to develop monthly, annual and long-term fund development goals and plans for the organization
- Work closely with fellow development team members to ensure success of overall department goals, long-term growth and donor retention
- Attend and participate in weekly team meetings and other meetings as directed
- Represent stations at events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with five or more years of progressive non-profit fundraising experience. Public broadcasting experience preferred.
- Proven success in direct mail, telemarketing, email and online giving. On-air fundraising experience highly desired.
- Strong analytical skills and database management experience. Experience with Allegiance fundraising software a plus.
- Highly organized self-starter with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take direction as well as be an enthusiastic team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be comfortable interacting with constituents in person and on the phone.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines as required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and compatible programs. Familiarity with social media platforms. Experience with Constant Contact a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, with some long days required during peak fundraising times.
- Strong judgement, sense of ethics, integrity and accountability.
- Passion for and knowledge of public media and its mission.
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation offers:
Salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid medical leave, 403(b) plan with matching contributions, paid vacation and holidays and a workplace culture that is fun, diverse and progressive. Applicants are invited to send cover letter, resume, sample fundraising appeals and at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org . In your response, let us know how you heard about the position.
Please, no phone calls.
PCBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.