Pittsburgh Foundation Day of Giving
WYEP will once again be participating in the Pittsburgh Foundation's Day of Giving. This year's Day of Giving is Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at pittsburghgives.org
Starting at 12 midnight until 11:59pm on October 3, all donationsdonations of $25 or more (with a Visa or MasterCard) made at pittsburghgives.org will be partially matched, thanks to $750,000 in matching funds from the Pittsburgh Foundation.
Help support WYEP and your other favorite local non-profits with a financial donation on the Day of Giving. Anytime on Wednesday, October 3, go to pittsburghgives.org and donate!
Day of Giving 2012 Instructions from The Pittsburgh Foundation:
1. Go to http://www.pittsburghgives.org or http://westmorelandgives.org
2. Click on Donate Now
3. Enter your name, email and phone number in appropriate boxes. Please note you must have a valid email address to receive a tax receipt for your donation.
4. Start typing your nonprofit selection in the box and select it from the drop down box. You can also select the nonprofit you wish to donate to by viewing all nonprofits or you can narrow your search to Pittsburgh or Westmoreland by selecting the list from the drop down menu.
Enter the amount you wish to give (example: 50.00).
You can make donations to additional organizations by clicking "Add Another Nonprofit". You can give to up to 10 nonprofits during one session and to both PitsburghGives and WesmorelandGives organizations. Once you are ready to complete your transaction, click "Go To Checkout" and you will be taken to the secure credit card screen.
5. Mastercard and Visa are accepted for payment and you will receive confirmation of your donation and a tax receipt via email within an hour of the transaction. Please remember to notify your credit card issuer if you plan to make a large donation as they may hold your transaction as per your fraud protection services. The minimum gift per organization is $25.
Enter in your credit card information on our secure server and click "submit". You will receive confirmation that your donation has been received and an email will be sent to you for tax purposes.
6. Feel free to browse The PittsburghGives database at any time during the year to learn about the organizations that serve our community. Don't forget to share your donation via social media and encourage others to give as well.