Australian Pink Floyd
Get ready for an audiovisual extravaganza courteous of The Australian Pink Floyd Show. Featuring a million dollar light show, multiple inflatables and stunning laser effects, all coupled with note perfect renditions of Pink Floyd’s biggest hits. This show already seen by 4 million people is simply the best.
Taking its tour title from “Set The Controls for the Heart Of the Sun” from the A Saucerful of Secrets album, The Australian Pink Floyd Show will be performing Pink Floyd classics such as “Another Brick In The Wall”, “Comfortably Numb” and “Wish You Were Here”, as well as a few surprise tracks.
This tour is unique in that the audience are able to vote for the songs that they would like to hear live by visiting the band’s website and taking part in the online poll. The top songs will then be played each day.
Lorelei McBroom will be appearing on this tour. Lorelei’s credentials are staggering; she toured with Pink Floyd on the “Momentary Lapse of Reason” and “Delicate Sound of Thunder” tours, appeared in the videos for “The Dogs of War,” “On The Turning Away” and the “Pink Floyd Live In Venice” TV broadcast. She also performed “The Great Gig in the Sky” with Pink Floyd, a song she will now perform with TAPFS.
- The band formed in Adelaide, Australia in 1988
- The Australian pink Floyd show consists of Steve Mac, Jason Sawford, Colin Wilson, Dave Fowler, Alex McNamara, Paul Bonney, Mike Kidson, Lorelei McBroom, Lara Smiles, Emily Lynn
- Personally asked by David Gilmour, singer of Pink Floyd, to play at his private 50th Birthday party
- Nick Mason, drummer of Pink Floyd, recently told BBC Radio in an interview that the Australian Pink Floyd were “probably better than us”
- Steve Mac, singer and guitarist of The Australian Pink Floyd, uses many of the same guitars and equipment that David Gilmour uses.
- The Band rehearsed for one year for their first ever British gig in 1993.