A Hollywood Halloween Party
Hollywood Theater invites you to become your favorite movie character for a few hours at its Hollywood Halloween Costume Party. Four people will win prizes for the best costume.
The event, which runs until 11 p.m., will be a night of movies and fun to benefit the Friends of the Hollywood Theater. You can…
• Get creeped out at a screening of the 1922 silent classic Nosferatu, directed by F.W. Murnau and starring Max Schreck. This film was an unauthorized adaptation of Bram Stoker’s Dracula so names and other details were changed—vampire became Nosferatu and Count Dracula became Count Orlok. Regardless, the movie is a horror classic.
• Be spellbound by Casey T. Malone’s Blood of the Witch trilogy—three spooky silent shorts inspired by Nosferatu and the director’s love of Halloween.
• Discover your future with a tarot card reading provided by readers from Moonstones. Readings are an additional $5.
• Take a chance on a Raffle of items that include a Terrible Towel Basket worth $140.
• Don’t feel like dressing up? Then have our Makeup Artist transform your face into a landscape of scars and bruises or go for a trendy undead look.
• Enjoy light refreshments and desserts.
Tickets are $20 at www.showclix.com/event/hollywoodHalloweenParty and at the theater’s ticket booth during regular operating hours. Tickets also can be purchased at the door for $25. Admission includes two drink tickets for beer, wine, or soft drinks.
At midnight, the Junior Chamber of Commerce Players, Pittsburgh’s official Rocky Horror Picture Show Shadow Cast, will present a special Halloween performance of the classic 1975 musical that stars Tim Curry and Susan Sarandon. The regular $7 admission applies.