Key Tracks: John Hiatt
Submitted by [email protected] on July 26, 2017
Below are the 5 key tracks that you need to know from John Hiatt.
A prolific artist since the 70s, Hiatt's songs have been covered by the greats of various genres, from blues to soul to punk.
Song: "Riding with the King"
- Album: Riding with the King
- Year: 1983
- Comment: This track was later covered by BB King and Eric Clapton on their album of the same name.
Song: "My Baby Blue"
- Album: Beneath This Gruff Exterior
- Year: 2003
- Comment: Sonny Landreth, the "king of slydeco," plays slide guitar on this record.
Song: "Through Your Hands"
- Album: Stolen Moments
- Year: 1990
- Comment: Joan Baez covered this song two years later on her Play Me Backwards release.
Song: "Perfectly Good Guitar"
- Album: Perfectly Good Guitar
- Year: 1993
- Comment: Matt Wallace, the producer of this record, has also produced albums for the likes of The Replacements, Blues Traveler and the Spin Doctors.
Song: "Have a Little Faith In Me"
- Album: Bring the Family
- Year: 1987
- Comment: This tune has also been performed by artists such as Joe Cocker and Jon Bon Jovi.
Catch Key Tracks every weekday during the Midday Mix at 1 PM on 91.3 WYEP.