WYEP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Station WYEP is looking for organizations that regularly distribute information about employment opportunities to job applicants or have job applicants to refer. If your organization would like to receive notification of job vacancies at our station, please notify: email@example.com or contact Sarah Wemple at phone number 412.697.2923. WYEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities and females to apply for all open positions.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
WESA AND WYEP PITTSBURGH ~ DEVELOPMENT DATABASE COORDINATOR
POSTED JULY 24, 2014 AND OPEN UNTIL FILLED
WYEP and WESA seek a strong data analyst with excellent attention to detail in data entry. The Development Database Coordinator (DDC) is a full-time, salary-exempt position reporting to the Director of Development and has the primary responsibilities of accurately coding and entering member donations, managing the fundraising database, and writing and running meaningful membership reports. The DDC serves as our database expert, is responsible for the integrity of the database, and will lead in the creation of a database policy and procedure manual.
The ideal candidate will have an established record of success working with a complex database system in a team environment, the skills to communicate complicated ideas clearly, and the ability to formulate questions so that data can be coded and entered in such a way that reports can be run to answer those questions.
Working with the Development team, the DDC will create clear and consistent data tracking methods and reporting, allowing visualization and use of data to make better decisions about all membership revenue generating activities.
- Entering pledges and payments from all sources (web, mail, etc.) for both WYEP & WESA into the membership database via upload and/or manual data entry. Payment methods include EFT/ACH, checks, credit card transactions, cash and stock donations.
- Coding and recording payments and other data with an acute attention to detail to ensure that accurate and meaningful reports can be run
- Assisting with or acting as backup for scanning paperwork, and printing/mailing correspondence
- Helping the organization ask the right questions regarding membership data, writing effective queries that answer those questions, and presenting the data in an easy-to-understand format
- Troubleshooting database problems as they arise
- Maintaining integrity of database with on-going maintenance and data clean-up, periodically updating the NCOA, and deleting duplications in database after Membership Drives
- Performing database imports, exports and software updates
- Email List Management
- Working with the third-party database developer to stay current and deploy best practices
- Creating and maintaining a database policy and procedure manual for the Development Department
- Supporting Membership Campaigns as needed, in any capacity, including Membership Drive Analysis
- Assisting with Membership Department projects as needed
- Work closely with finance to reconcile the financial database with Memsys so the Director of Development can reconcile Monthly Revenue Report for GM’s
- Assisting with donor events, including creation of invitation lists from the database, taking RSVPs, generating nametags and check-in lists, and entering donor interactions in database following the event
- Participating in station activities as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 4-5 years of database management and analysis experience
- Excellent analytical and report-writing skills
- Excellent data entry skills emphasizing accuracy, speed, and use of methods to identify and correct errors proactively
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Google Docs
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous experience working for a non-profit is desirable
- Enthusiasm for the missions of both WYEP and WESA
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
Pittsburgh is a vibrant city with strong philanthropic support for the arts and regional assets. WESA and WYEP are among the most respected and beloved local institutions in the community. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid medical leave, 403(b) plan with matching contributions, paid vacation and holidays and a workplace culture that is diverse and progressive.
Applicants are invited to send cover letter, resume, salary history, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.
WESA and WYEP are Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employers, and actively seek diversity in the workforce.