WYEP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Station WYEP is looking for organizations that regularly distribute information about employment opportunities to job applicants or have job applicants to refer. If your organization would like to receive notification of job vacancies at our station, please notify: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Sarah Wemple at phone number 412.697.2923. WYEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities and females to apply for all open positions.
91.3 WYEP Pittsburgh - Digital Director
Posted July 31, 2015 and Open Until Filled
91.3 WYEP in Pittsburgh, PA is seeking a DIGITAL DIRECTOR to oversee all digital and mobile strategies and content distribution for our progressive multimedia/multi-platform organization. This is an exciting new position and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to add value to WYEP’s new strategic vision and mission to enrich the community through musical discovery, expression and education.
The DIGITAL DIRECTOR will manage all of WYEP’s digital and mobile platforms and ensure that all programming, development, underwriting and marketing needs are being served on the appropriate platforms, devices and applications. The successful candidate will work closely across departments to present all content in the digital and mobile space, occasionally writing and creating content for inclusion on various digital platforms. This position also collects, tracks and analyzes all digital metrics and communicates the data to the appropriate people. This full-time, exempt position reports to the Director of Content and Programming of 91.3 WYEP.
- Oversight of WYEP’s website and daily operation of content management system
- Oversight of WYEP’s mobile app to ensure excellent content delivery
- Collaboration and support on the execution of WYEP’s social media strategy and active participation in social media engagement
- Management and creation of digital media content such as blogs, podcasts or other specialized content
- Design and construction of additional web micro-sites to meet organizational needs
- Collection and analysis of metrics to track growth and engagement on digital platforms
The successful candidate will have:
- At least five years multi-media marketing, public relations and communications experience
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, lead and delegate
- Supervisory experience and the ability to direct resources to support marketing initiatives
- Understanding of how to use research to inform marketing strategy and develop measureable goals
- Proven success developing and managing relationships with media, arts & culture and other community organizations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing and communications is desirable
Pittsburgh has a track record for strong philanthropic support for the arts and regional assets. WYEP is one of the most respected and beloved local institutions in the community. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to have an impact on the growth and long term sustainability of this public media organization.
Salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid medical leave, 403(b) plan with matching contributions, paid vacation and holidays and a workplace culture that is diverse and progressive.
Applicants are invited to send cover letter, resume, salary history, and professional references to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
91.3 WYEP Pittsburgh - Events Coordinator (Part-time)
Posted July 31, 2015 and Open Until Filled
91.3 WYEP in Pittsburgh, PA is seeking an EVENTS COORDINATOR to manage the logistics of our many events.
The Events Coordinator is responsible for the production and execution of all WYEP community, fundraising and private events, and manages the logistics for public events such as the Summer Music Festival and Final Fridays, and produces WYEP’s fundraising events such as the Holiday Hootenanny, The Year in Review reception, major donor cultivation events and free member shows, as well as private functions such as pre-show receptions and celebrations at the WYEP studio for donors and other key stakeholders.
The Events Coordinator attends all events to ensure successful execution and to troubleshoot when necessary. This part-time position averages 20 hours per week over the course of each year. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this position also works closely with many other departments.
Core tasks include but are not limited to:
- Production of WYEP community events with input from GM and key WYEP staff
- Creating timelines and communicating deadlines to all key constituents
- Negotiating all contracts and executing on terms
- Maintaining communications with venues and community partners
- Supporting the execution of sponsorship agreements
- Being present at events and coordination of on-site activities
- Maintenance of records and files for each event to assist with future event production
Qualifications and Skills
- Event production experience and a proven track record coordinating different types of special events
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to communicate well externally and internally across departments
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented with the ability to track a lot of information effectively
- Strong work ethic; ability to manage time efficiently
- Sound decision making skills, ability to stay calm under pressure and handle non-routine situations with command and ease
- Passion for the programming and mission of WYEP and knowledge of the greater Pittsburgh community
- Willingness to travel locally including reliable vehicle, current driver license, clean driving record, and adequate auto insurance
- Ability to attend events held during evening and weekend hours
This position works in an office environment and at both on-site and off-site events, both indoors and outdoors. Physical demands include the ability to move and set-up equipment, tents, and banners with occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
The hourly rate is commensurate with experience, and while there are no benefits associated with this position, this is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to have an impact on the success of WYEP while working in a culture that is diverse and progressive.
Applicants are invited to send cover letter, resume, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, no phone calls.
WYEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.