WYEP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Station WYEP is looking for organizations that regularly distribute information about employment opportunities to job applicants or have job applicants to refer. If your organization would like to receive notification of job vacancies at our station, please notify: email@example.com or contact Sarah Wemple at phone number 412.697.2923. WYEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities and females to apply for all open positions.
90.5 WESA Pittsburgh – Morning Edition Producer
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Morning Edition Producer works with the Morning Edition Host to craft a high-quality presentation of NPR’s Morning Edition that has a strong “Sense of Pittsburgh” by helping with program preparation, newscasts, interviews, and general content creation. Hours are 4:30 am to 12:30 pm, Monday through Friday. This full-time exempt position reports to the Director of Content and Programming.
- Work with the host and Program Director to conceive the local sound and content of NPR’s Morning Edition in Pittsburgh
- Edit and prepare audio for air, including time shifting network segments
- Write copy for local headlines, weather, traffic, sports, promos and items of interest to the Pittsburgh listeners of NPR News
- Edit host scripts prior to broadcast
- Write the WYEP newscasts for recording
- Edit, reformat, and upload host-recorded newscasts for NPR One
- Produce, and prepare host and newsmakers for, recorded or live interviews
- Occasionally create and voice content for use within Morning Edition
- Log, edit and produce news briefs, spot news stories, and news features daily as appropriate
- Attend daily editorial meetings
- Fill in for Morning Edition host
- Regularly attend station events and assist in outreach activities
- Other possible duties include: posting to social media sites, participating in on-air membership drives
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years’ experience as a producer, preferably in public radio
- Strong presentations skills as a reporter or fill-in host
- Proficiency with digital audio editing, studio technology and practices, and web-content entry techniques
- Sound, creative news judgment; commitment to balance and basic journalism ethics
- Ability to develop interview ideas, and bring them to fruition
- Ability to multitask and work outside normal business hours
- An understanding of the NPR audience and news style
- Ability to manage details and multiple projects
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid medical leave, 403(b) plan with matching contributions, paid vacation and holidays and a workplace culture that is diverse and progressive.
Applicants are invited to send cover letter, resume, and three references to MorningEditionProducer@wesa.fm. Please, no phone calls.
WESA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.