WYEP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Station WYEP is looking for organizations that regularly distribute information about employment opportunities to job applicants or have job applicants to refer. If your organization would like to receive notification of job vacancies at our station, please notify: email@example.com or contact Sarah Wemple at phone number 412.697.2923. WYEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities and females to apply for all open positions.
WESA and WYEP Pittsburgh ~ Director of Development
Posted February 9, 2015 and Open Until Filled
The station group that includes 90.5 WESA and 91.3 WYEP in Pittsburgh, PA is seeking a DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT to oversee the membership programs of both stations. The Director of Development will manage annual individual giving and alternative revenue streams such as vehicle donations and corporate matches. For major and planned giving, the Director of Development works closely with the General Manager for WYEP and with the Major Gifts Officer for WESA. The successful candidate will be able to design, implement, evaluate and refine our development activities. This position identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards donors and prospects in accordance with strategic goals and targets set by the General Managers of both stations. This position provides leadership and direction for development staff, fundraising consultants and board members to support the strategic goals and objectives of the organization and successfully leverage all resources to implement fundraising plans. This full-time, exempt position leads a staff of three and reports to the General Managers of both stations.
Core tasks include but are not limited to:
- Managing the membership programs of both stations, including organizing, producing and overseeing on-air membership campaigns, increasing new member participation, boosting donor retention, ensuring success of sustained giving programs and increasing overall gift revenue.
- Leading staff to maximize productivity, creativity and financial results through a variety of fundraising tactics including direct mail, telemarketing, e-communication and on-air fundraising.
- Researching, writing, editing or overseeing the preparation of persuasive, accurate, and well-crafted solicitations, proposals, case statements, reports, correspondence, and other development-related communication materials in support of the stations’ fund-raising activities.
- Providing strategic oversight of WYEP’s major giving program including prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship as well as goal setting and record keeping. Identifying opportunities for special campaigns, such as operating campaigns, special editorial projects and possible capital improvement and endowment campaigns.
- Overseeing fundraising recordkeeping systems ensuring data accuracy, donor privacy, acknowledgement and recognition and timely reporting.
- Participating in strategic planning and helping to identify fundraising implications and leading development team’s implementation of strategic objectives.
- Recruiting, managing and evaluating the development team and guiding the professional development of staff to ensure that they are knowledgeable about trends that may impact fundraising efforts.
- Representing WESA and WYEP in the public radio community nationally and maintaining strong relationships with relevant organizations. Attend public radio conferences and meetings, as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Minimum six years of relevant development & fundraising experience in a mature nonprofit environment with a proven track record of effective team leadership and collaboration. Experience in public media is a strong plus.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices for maximizing performance in membership/direct marketing campaigns and the ability to translate research into strategy. Familiarity with audience research is advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and cultivate key donor and opinion leader relationships; familiarity with the Pittsburgh philanthropic community is highly desirable.
- Exceptional communication and people skills with the ability to communicate both externally and internally across departments.
- Sound strategic thinking and ability to recognize how strategic decisions are implemented successfully.
- Proficiency with a variety of technology tools including Microsoft Office and database management. Knowledge of Memsys is beneficial.
- Strong computer-based data analysis skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented and ability to track a lot of information efficiently.
- Effective decision making skills, ability to stay calm under pressure and handle non-routine situations with command and ease.
- Experience managing budgets and ability to interpret and act upon financial information.
Pittsburgh is a vibrant city with strong philanthropic support for the arts and regional assets. WESA and WYEP are among the most respected and beloved local institutions in the community. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to have an impact on the growth and long term sustainability of these public media organizations.
Salary is commensurate with experience and we offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid medical leave, 403(b) plan with matching contributions, paid vacation and holidays and a workplace culture that is diverse and progressive.
Applicants are invited to send cover letter, resume, salary history, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.
WYEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
Marketing Coordinator – 91.3 WYEP and 90.5 WESA Pittsburgh
Posted May 19, 2015 and Open Until Filled
The Marketing Coordinator assists with all facets of marketing for 91.3 WYEP and 90.5 WESA, including production of print publications, website content, social media activity, station events, public relations, community partnerships, media sponsorships, promotional agreements, and marketing campaigns. The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of marketing activities for both stations and works closely with the Director of Marketing to craft overall marketing strategies. Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, this position works with WYEP and WESA programming, development, underwriting and community engagement teams to design, launch and track marketing campaigns to meet organizational goals. This is a full-time, salary- exempt position.
91.3 WYEP and 90.5 WESA represent Pittsburgh’s only independent, public radio partnership. Each station provides unique content:
· WESA is a news and talk format featuring National Public Radio, American Public Media, and locally produced content.
· WYEP is an adult album alternative music format featuring a solid mix during the week and a variety of specialty shows over the weekend.
- Work with Director of Marketing to develop, execute, and measure marketing and PR campaigns designed to meet organizational goals for both WESA and WYEP.
- Assist in the conception, production and distribution of print publications including WYEP’s Year in Review book, WYEP’s Summer in the City Guide and WESA’s annual report.
- Assist with implementation of media sponsorships for both stations.
- Write and distribute regular e-communications for WYEP and WESA. Work with department heads of both stations to collect meaningful information for inclusion in all e-communications.
- Coordinate marketing efforts for WESA and WYEP, insuring on-site brand presence at station and community events; work with volunteer coordinator to manage volunteer marketing assistance.
- Coordinate “WYEP Welcomes” proposals.
- Work with Director of Marketing to manage marketing fellowship program and provide timely and thorough communication to marketing fellows.
- Manage web presence for WYEP, providing design and content management for website.
- Working with Director of Marketing and with input from station leadership, develop social media standards and practices for both stations, and provide training to employees.
- With supervision from Director of Marketing, plan, develop, execute, and measure social media marketing campaigns’ coherence with strategic goals for each station
- Support other station activities, such as member drives and internal events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and at least three years of experience in marketing, preferably in a media environment.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with supervisor, across departments, with community partners and with the radio audience.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple demands and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills and experience using a variety of programs including Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office Suite and website content management systems. Experience with Drupal a plus.
· Self-starter with an enthusiastic attitude and ability to work collaboratively and autonomously as the situation demands.
· Willingness to travel locally including reliable vehicle, current driver license, clean driving record, and adequate auto insurance.
- Ability to work both evening and weekend hours, when needed.
This position generally works in an office environment but is frequently required to perform job duties at events, both indoors and outdoors. Physical demands include the ability to move and set-up equipment, tents, and banners with occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
Salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid medical leave, 403(b) plan with matching contributions, paid vacation and holidays and a workplace culture that is diverse and progressive.
Applicants are invited to send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and history, and professional references to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
WESA and WYEP are Equal Opportunity Employers, and actively seek diversity in the workforce.