WYEP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
WESA and WYEP Pittsburgh ~ Director of Marketing
Posted December 10, 2013 and Open Until Filled
The station group that includes WESA 90.5 and WYEP 91.3 in Pittsburgh, PA is seeking a DIRECTOR OF MARKETING to develop, implement, and manage marketing strategy and activities for a professional and progressive multimedia/multi-platform organization.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for creating and implementing an annual marketing plan that utilizes communications, special events, partnerships, public relations and promotions to raise organizational awareness. This position is also responsible for managing the brands of two public radio stations through traditional, online and mobile platforms. The Director of Marketing works closely with staff and volunteers to best support all station activities with high quality marketing initiatives. This full-time, exempt position reports to the General Managers of both stations and manages one full-time Marketing Associate.
- Managing individual brands for 91.3 WYEP and 90.5 WESA, establishing the tone and standards for all external marketing, and planning and executing marketing campaigns to create brand awareness for both stations. This includes managing relationships with all design, branding and marketing vendors.
- Coordinating all media sponsorship activity and ensuring that both stations are represented well in the community. Overseeing the fulfillment of media sponsorship agreements including on-air and on-line messaging, e-communications and digital presence.
- Managing web and mobile vendors for WYEP to ensure a quality digital experience for digital users.
- Creating, managing and supporting community events with an emphasis on WESA in order to have impactful engagement with listeners, donors and community partners.
- Creating and managing all public relations for both stations including writing and distributing press releases, managing all media relations and ensuring accurate coverage for WESA and WYEP activities.
- Managing the production of WYEP’s annual Year in Review book and ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Working closely with WESA content managers to organize, promote and implement community engagement activities.
- Collaborating on and strategizing social media for WESA.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least five years multi-media marketing, public relations and communications experience
- Knowledge of best marketing practices for news operations
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, lead and delegate
- Supervisory experience and the ability to direct resources to support marketing initiatives
- Understanding of how to use research to inform marketing strategy and develop measureable goals
- Proven success developing and managing relationships with media, arts & culture and other community organizations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing and communications is desirable
Pittsburgh is a vibrant city with strong philanthropic support for the arts and regional assets. WESA and WYEP are among the most respected and beloved local institutions in the community. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to have an impact on the growth and long term sustainability of these public media organizations.
Salary is commensurate with experience and we offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid medical leave, 403(b) plan with matching contributions, paid vacation and holidays and a workplace culture that is diverse and progressive.
Applicants are invited to send cover letter, resume, salary history, and professional references to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
WESA and WYEP are Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employers, and actively seek diversity in the workforce.